Madama Butterfly

For some reason, clay-mation always succeeds in disturbing me. As a kid, I always found Rudolph the Red nosed Reindeer to be highly discomforting. I don't know what it is. The shallow, grossly drawn backdrops and artificially lit settings and weird looking characters just made me feel hollow and troubled. Madama Butterfly manages to do all these things too, but in a way that is soaked in sorrow. On a positive note, I did love the music.

The narrative was pretty horrible, and even worse is that this is something that has probably happened more frequently in reality than it should have. The animation was good, though. And the whole thing was very emotionally compelling. But still, the clay-mation thing. It's hard for me to get over.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fart Video (cut short because of Anthony what the HECK Anthony!)

Flip Book Animation

Louis CK + The View and more