ASCII Art

As a kid, ASCII art was amazing and impossible to me. I was confident (at the time) that people used custom characters, or some program, or had simply drawn them and posted them as a .jpg, or that they had a computer analyze their drawing and turn it into characters. I especially thought this after completing Portal, a video game released by Valve. The end credits had a bunch of animated ASCII art.

I've always wanted to create ASCII art. But every attempt is swathed by my always being too daunted, or thought there were better ways to articulate myself, or thought it was too much work unnecessarily. I think it would pose a challenge (beyond my attempt, even) to thinking about how to design something. Do you do it line by line? Do you create one object and then the others? What are the most effective ways to move your cursor around a word doc? All of these pose a challenge that is unconventional.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flip Book Animation

Fart Video (cut short because of Anthony what the HECK Anthony!)

Louis CK + The View and more